ArriVent Biopharma (https://arrivent.com/) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company based in Newtown Square, PA with 42 employees (Sep, 2023) developing targeted oncology therapies. The company was founded in 2021 with a $150 million Series A financing.
Pipeline and Technology
ArriVent’s lead asset is furmonertinib, an epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor, licensed from Allist Pharmaceuticals. The drug is being evaluated in Phase 1b and Phase 2 trials for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). ArriVent leverages an inhaled drug delivery technology called the ARRIVE System to optimize delivery to the lungs.
The company also has an early-stage oncology candidate in development through a collaboration with Aarvik Therapeutics utilizing their antibody platform. ArriVent is looking to expand its pipeline across multiple cancer indications.
Financing and Partnerships
ArriVent launched in 2021 with a $150 million Series A financing round to license and develop furmonertinib globally. Investors include 5AM Ventures, Agent Capital, Lilly Asia Ventures, and more.
The company has partnerships with Allist Pharmaceuticals, Aarvik Therapeutics, Innocare, OriGene Technologies, and Filtertek. ArriVent appointed experienced industry experts to its leadership team and board of directors.
With its substantial upfront financing, ArriVent has rapidly accelerated furmonertinib into global trials for NSCLC. The company aims to leverage strategic partnerships and its leadership expertise to advance its pipeline and bring novel oncology therapies to patients worldwide.
ArriVent’s pipeline focuses on targeted therapies for biomarker-defined cancers. The company aims to accelerate development of novel oncology therapies sourced globally and matched with predictive biomarkers. In addition to furmonertinib, ArriVent is also developing ADCs and other modalities for oncology.
Source: Arrivent Website
Key events in ArriVent’s History
- In June 2021, ArriVent launched with a $150 million Series A financing to develop drugs sourced in China for Western markets.
- In December 2021, Aarvik Therapeutics and ArriVent Biopharma announced a research collaboration to advance a novel oncology drug candidate using Aarvik’s proprietary modular antibody platform.
- In May 2022, ArriVent began the Phase 1 trial Study of Furmonertinib in Patients With Advanced or Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) With Activating, Including Uncommon, Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) or Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Mutations.
- In Feb 2022, ArriVent appointed industry veteran Bahija Jallal to its Board of Directors.
- In March 2023, ArriVent closed a $155 million oversubscribed Series B financing to advance its pipeline and furmonertinib program.
- In July 2023, InnoCare and ArriVent announce clinical development collaborationto evaluate the combination of InnoCare’s novel SHP2 (Src Homology 2 domain containing protein tyrosine phosphatase) allosteric inhibitor, ICP-189, with ArriVent’s furmonertinib, a highly brain-penetrant, broadly active mutation-selective EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor) inhibitor.
- In September 2023, Chris Nolet was appointed to ArriVent’s Board of Directors.
Interested in tracking every Emerging Bioharma?